Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2013

Where is tolerance gone?


I was doing another training at a carhouse - Citroen -, in the office. Why "another"? Because the other companies I did the training, didn't accept me of the same reason, I'm gonna tell you now:

In this carhouse are working two boss'es and one of them is turkish and is Alevite.So he came one day to me and talked with me about that education and I asked him, if I do fit here because I really tried my best to work and convince them of me, like I did in the other companies, too. He said that I do fit there and I did satisfied them, but the problem is my Headscarf. I should take it off. We talked almost an hour and we also began to discuss. He said that it wouldn't be a big problem if I do take off my headscarf, he doesn't think that God would punish me for that. In that situation, I realized how dumb people can be. I really asked myself, where he lived.. Honestly.
I told him that I can't take off my scarf, because it's been seven years since I am wearing it, and it's not a toy I just can get rid of. The headscarf is a part of my life and it is a part of my identity. I told him that if he forces me to take off my headscarf, it feels like he's forcing me to cut off an arm of me. It would hurt a lot. And just the quote : "Take it off" hurts a lot, too. He was really shocked and asked me, if my faith in wearing it is that huge. So I told him that it is like that. He said, that a lot of communitys will tell me the same when I am applying myself into those firms. I said, that I don't mind and if they're expecting the same from me, I won't accept it. "You will be unemployed.", he said. "I don't care that and I do have faith in God and He will give me the right postition because I am following His path and not those what humanity expects from me.", I said. He was shocked again when I said that and told me that he is satisfied from me and he would accept me even with the headscarf, because he's turkish and he do understand why we muslims wear that Headscarf. That's why he would never mind if I am working there with it. But the other problem would be the second boss. He's german and he would have a problem with it. So he went talking with him. After he did, he came back to me, and told me that he said, I should take it off. He also told me, that he can go back to him and ask him if it is Okay if I dont take it off. I really dont get this man. Because he knew from the first, that I would never change my mind in taking it off, so he could've asked him in that moment, when he went to him. But he didn't.


And now.. I didn't get the job. Of course I stood up for myself and even looked of the rights I do have. And in the german law book is written that no boss is allowed to go against the religion of someone, because we're living in germany and we're living in a free state where you can walk how you want to.. If it is on the street, on your workplace, in your school.. whereever you are, there's nobody who's allowed to judge you. But what's also allowed in germany is that no Boss has to justify himself. I just wanted a reason from him. I just wanted him to tell me what's wrong in wearing an Headscarf. His answer was soooo weird.. I was really shocked when I heard that, and even happy that he didn't accept me.
He said, that Headscarf is an icon of Islam. And that everyone who sees someone with an Hijab, would think he's a muslim. And since we all are watching the media, we can see what happens in muslim countries. Bombings, representation of Shari'a, that for example someone has stolen something he'll get an amputation, or that stoning..Just all those "baaaad and eeevil" things of islam -.-
SubhanAllah people are so so so so blended from the media, which is reallly sad.

So I asked him that does he think I am a terrorist. And he was like : "No, I dont care, that you wear a headscarf, if it is for me, you can even work with it, but we're looking to our comstumers."
Because as I said it's an carhouse. And people (costumers) would be frightened if they see me ... SubhanAllah, I was really shocked when he said that. 

I was like...honestly, I didn't know what to say. I kept telling him that this is so common, a shame and really sad. He said, that I would ruin my whole future with my Hijab, because there will be no company who would accept me with my Scarf. I smiled false and said :"No its not me who's ruining my future. It's you people who do not have tollerance and accept people the way they are." Then I stood up and left his office. I was really disappointed in that moment. Of the society, of all the employees who I trusted in and promised me that they would talk for me. But they didn't. They walked across his office and saw us having a chat, but they didn't interrupt and defend me. They did nothing. I just gave up my workplace, because I don't want to work for someone who believes the media as believing in his employee.

I will stand up for the rights! InshAllah! May Allah give me the strength for that self confidence I'll need. Because I may won't shut my mouth off. And I may sound so evil, because then people will see the anger they waked up in me. I won't stay calm, because this is human right. And as germany says. This is a free state, so everyone has his right to look the way he wants to and no one is allowed to judge about him. And the first rule in the law is written that they're not allowed to reject someone because of his religion. We're not living in Hitler's time, where he gasified people who weren't christians or german people. We are living in a new generation, where everything is allowed!!!
I'm really really disappointed.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen